Today is the beginning of a brand new year and all the infinite possibilities that come along with it.
Have you decided what you will create for yourself this year? If not, now is the time!
Some people make New Year’s Resolutions, but they lack power because for the most part, they never get scheduled into your life… and then the weeks and months whiz by without your “resolutions” being achieved.
There’s a better way to do it: take time today to map out your priorities and schedule them into your calendar.
What do you want to accomplish in 2016? What personal goals do you have? Maybe you want to take a true vacation (one without your laptop!) or spend more time with family and friends or achieve vibrant health.
What about for your business? Are you ready to take everything that’s in your head – your wisdom, life experience and expertise – and meld it with your heart’s desires and life calling to launch your passion-based business and finally get paid for the amazing transformation you deliver? (If so, you’ll want to check out my Premium Programs Success System.)
What financial goals do you have? Do you want to make a 6- or multi-6-figure income doing what you love? What about building a abundant “peace of mind” savings account so you don’t have to stress out over a financially bad month or two?
Remember, if you don’t know where you’re going, you’ll end up where you’ve always been.
Whatever you want to achieve this year, you need to list it out and schedule it in!
Below is the process I use to gain clarity about what I want to achieve and how I’m going to get things done.
- Establish where I am now and my current situation. It’s important to acknowledge successes, so I give thanks for all that I DID achieve this year (go for at least 50 things on your list!).
- I envision what I want to achieve in 2016 – personal, health, business and financial goals – and the feelings achieving each goal illicits for me. This is about getting crystal clear on the big WHY behind each goal. This is key… a goal without a powerful, emotionally-driven purpose for its achievement most often fails to be achieved.
For example, if you want to double my income this year, why do you want to do it? Is it because ultimately you view more money as a path to reducing your financial stress, being able to spend more time with your family, take a much-needed vacation or feel secure about your future?
- Next, I list out the high-level actions I need to take in order to achieve each goal. For example, if I want to obtain 20 new clients this year, I need to take actions such as reaching out to potential clients, create marketing material for my product or service, and perhaps I need to actually create a new product or service.
- Then I take out my yearly Success Planner (get your free copy here) and fill in my goals and action steps I need to take. Remember, you HAVE to schedule in what’s important to you NOW before time slips away from you and you’re left wondering where the year went!
- Don’t forget about taking ACTION on your goals and priorities once you’ve scheduled them in. Setting intentions and goals is a fantastic first step, but it’s through action and implementation on a daily basis that your goals will be achieved.
- Lastly, throughout the year take inventory of your progress. Have you taken the actions necessary? Are you moving forward toward achieving your goals? Do your goals need to be revised given changing priorities or circumstances?
I’ll share with you some of my personal goals for 2016.
Perhaps they’ll spark an idea for you or motivate you to schedule in your own:
- Help 200+ heart-centered entrepreneurs step into their own brilliance by creating, launching and filling their signature premium programs.
- Increase my level of charitable giving from 10% to 15%, help provide life-saving health interventions to the world’s poorest and empower women to escape the clutches of human trafficking and lead lives of dignity.
- Strengthen my spiritual well-being through meditation, supportive practices and mindful living.
- Take 4 weeks or more of family vacation to create lasting memories with my children who I know will be all grown up too soon.
I’m laying the foundation to make 2016 my best year yet and you can, too.
I’d love to know YOUR big plans for 2016.
- What are you crazy excited to create in 2016?
- What goals are you setting for yourself that gets your heart pumping?
- And, most importantly, what ACTIONS are you going to take to transform your goals into reality?
If you’ve found these strategies helpful, please share this article with your friends.
Wishing you the most amazing year yet!
Hi, I’m Christine!
I help ambitious, heart-centered entrepreneurs build wildly successful businesses they love and lives they love even more by combining smart business strategies with powerful mindset and spiritual principles. Step by step I show you how to package up and authentically market your brilliance, confidently book loads of dream clients at higher fees and grow your business faster without the overwhelm.
You can earn earn fantastic income doing what you love and have the kind of life you dream about. I’m here to help you make it happen now. Learn more about what we can do together.